Title: Advancing the ballistic laboratory data of firearms capability of the CSI Division of Hellenic Police
Grant agreement no: DG HOME/2011/ISEC/AG/4000002483
Duration: 1 January 2013 - 31 December 2014
Links: DG HOME
The present proposal addresses the development of an integrated solution that will aid the Hellenic Police Criminal Investigation Division to perform advanced forensic activities in crime scene environments with ballistic data of firearms. To this end the proposal foresees:
- To improve forensic analysis in ballistic data of firearms conditions
- Specifically train the personnel to develop advanced knowledge on ballistic data specific issues and responsibilities.
- Produce a specific manual on evaluating training of personnel that could be transferred to EU MS.
- Enhance the operational capacity of HP/CID to detect a vast array of firearms, cartridges and bullets.
- Perform training of the Hellenic Police Criminal Investigation Division personnel to fully exploit the advanced capabilities of the proposed solutions and
- Provide an EU added value to the project, through a series of specific activities including focused workshops and targeted visits to exchange know-how and expertise to related EU Laboratories
The completed outcome of the proposed action will contribute to the capacity building of the Hellenic Police Criminal Investigation Division through the enhancement of ballistic data forensic analysis whilst at the same time reducing the uncertainties in the analysis. The participating entities of this action are the MoCP's Center for Security Studies and the Crime Investigation Division of Hellenic Police which by constitutional law is responsible for conducting forensic investigation in Greece.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s DG HOME/2011/ISEC/AG/4000002483