Title: European Surface Transport Operators Forum
Grant agreement no: DG HOME/2013/CIPS/AG/4000005091
Duration: 1 July 2014 – 30 June 2016
The driving force behind EUSTO initiative is the need for promoting sustainable cooperation between the actors involved in the protection of surface transportation infrastructures, in order to provide means for the identification of emerging threats on a European level.
More specifically, EUSTO will be founded on four (4) European wide Forums (2 annually) with both Plenary and Parallel Sessions, with the active participation of several Surface Transport CI Operators and Owners, as well as Security Authorities representatives, in order to:
- Connect with other owners and operators in their sector to share best practices.
- Provide information on initiatives and tools that may assist with assessing vulnerabilities.
- Fostering networking among the EU, Member States, security technology companies and energy infrastructure owners and operators
- Develop Transport Critical infrastructure taxonomy / classification
- Understand their dependencies and connect to identify inter-linkages between different transport infrastructures.
- Promote public-private dialogue to reflect the users and operators common priorities and needs
- Identify ways that government agencies can assist owners and operators with protecting their critical infrastructure
- Develop common “harmonized” language for national / EU authorities and transport infrastructures operators
- Build common guidelines for developing OSP for Surface Transport CI, that have an EU dimension and will be based on industry best practices, in pursue of the objectives of Directive 114/2208.The Forums may be also attended by selected Guest Speakers from USA and Canada, in order to transfer their experience and practices with their EU colleagues.
Co-funded by the Prevention, Preparedness and Consequence Management of Terrorism and other Security – related Risks Programme of the European Union